[Tinkerphones] QtMoko 2 : cross compiling with Debian Sid amd64

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Sat Aug 27 12:10:44 CEST 2016

Hello,

I've tried to compile the QtMoko2 project and I had some issues.

First of all, I was able to cross compile without any errors the
qtmoko2-kernel.

Then, I've tried to compile the qtmoko2-qte package and I had errors
(see attached file).

My setup is a Debian Sid 64bits with armhf architecture enabled in dpkg.
I've installed following armhf packages from amd64 packages:

> $ apt list | grep armhf | grep installé
> crossbuild-essential-armhf/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 12.2 all  [installé]
> libasan2-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 5.4.0-6cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libasan3-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libatomic1-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libc6-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 2.23-1cross1 all  [installé]
> libc6-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 2.23-1cross1 all  [installé]
> libgcc-5-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 5.4.0-6cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libgcc-6-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libgcc1-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 1:6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libgomp1-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libstdc++-5-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 5.4.0-6cross1 all  [installé]
> libstdc++-6-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libstdc++6-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> libubsan0-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 6.1.1-9cross1 all  [installé, automatique]
> linux-libc-dev-armhf-cross/testing,testing,testing,unstable,unstable,unstable,now
> 4.6.2-2cross1 all  [installé]

and these ones from armhf packages:
> $ root at bureau:/var/log# dpkg --get-selections | grep ":armhf"
> gcc-6-base:armhf				install
> libasan3:armhf					install
> libatomic1:armhf				install
> libc6:armhf					install
> libc6-dev:armhf					install
> libgcc-6-dev:armhf				install
> libgcc1:armhf					install
> libgomp1:armhf					install
> liblzo2-2:armhf					install
> libsqlite3-0:armhf				install
> libsqlite3-dev:armhf				install
> libstdc++-6-dev:armhf				install
> libstdc++6:armhf				install
> libubsan0:armhf					install
> linux-libc-dev:armhf				install
> lzop:armhf					install
> zlib1g:armhf					install
> zlib1g-dev:armhf				install

It seems my environment tried to build using g++ 6.0:
> $ ls -l $(which 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++')
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 aoû  3 13:56
> /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -> arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-6

Maybe, these errors occurs because g++ 6.0 is a too recent version?
On which environement did you compiled the qtmoko2-qte project ? It was
a Debian Jessie ? Did you use a less recent gcc version ?

Thanks for the help,
Adrien