[Community] [Gta04-owner] OpenPhoenux Letux/GTA04 Kernel- and Userspace-Hacking weekend

Chris ca2013 at arcor.de
Mon Apr 25 15:03:08 CEST 2016

Am Mon, 25 Apr 2016 11:54:19 +0200
schrieb "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com>:

> >  Rewriting the interesting parts of QtMoko so as to work with a
> > normal desktop environment would be a great help with that.
>
> Exactly. It more seamlessly integrates other components and since
> Qt4/5 have different backends (X11) it would be easier to port to
> newer and more devices. E.g. Pyra.

"KDE has a long tradition of providing user interface components beyond
the basics that are offered in Qt itself. With KDE Frameworks 5, these
have become more easily available for Qt developers who are not part of
KDE. Now, with KDE's focus expanding beyond desktop and laptop
computers into the mobile and embedded sector, our QWidgets-based
components alone are not sufficient anymore. In order to allow
developers to easily create Qt-based applications that run on any major
mobile or desktop operating system (including our very own existing
Plasma Desktop and upcoming Plasma Mobile, of course), we have created
a framework that extends the touch-friendly Qt Quick Controls: Welcome
Kirigami UI! ..."
https://dot.kde.org/2016/03/30/kde-proudly-presents-kirigami-ui

Your thoughts remebered me that this "kirigami" library and community
could be of interest for you.

Cheers,
Chris