[Community] [Gta04-owner] OpenPhoenux Letux/GTA04 Kernel- and Userspace-Hacking weekend

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Mon Apr 25 13:09:24 CEST 2016

El Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:54:19AM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller deia:

> But I have no idea if the on-screen keyboard can be rewritten in a way that it works with all other GUI applications (not necessarily Qt based!). You would get a problem if you have network-manager and can't type IP addresses... So this might be a big challenge (who doesn't love challenges?).

I don't really know. But I took a look at the qtmoko keyboard a year
or two ago (I hardly remember any detail) and got the impression that
not as it is. But then I don't know anything that could do that. In X
it is easier, I think. But without X what is the abstraction for a
keyboard this application should plug into ? Should there have to be a
keyboard driver in the kernel or something? Should it pass as a tty ?
Where does network-manager get it's keystrokes from ? I don't know how
many front-ends for network manager there are...

The Qtmoko keyboard was simpler that X with compose keys and all the
possibilities to generate characters combining keys (that would be
wellcome but wasn't there).