[Community] [Gta04-owner] OpenPhoenux Letux/GTA04 Kernel- and Userspace-Hacking weekend

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Apr 22 18:14:58 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 22.04.2016 um 15:57 schrieb Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:
>
> On 21/04/16 15:33, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> finally, we have now defined the location and weekend dates:
>>
>> 4 & 5 June 2016 in Munich
>>
>> Details about the location are updated here:
>>
>> 	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/openphoenux/page/HackingWeekend2016/
>
> It's wonderful that you are doing this, and I look forward to seeing the results.

Me too :)

> For the kernel side of the work, there are apparently 49 open issues at http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/.  I wonder what your plan is for prioritizing these?
>
> (I think my advice would be to prioritize reducing the overall number by picking off the easiest issues first.  But perhaps that wouldn't be the best use of the experts you will have gathered together.)

Well, I have looked through them and approx. 20 are more reminders that something could be done (e.g. IrDA/CIR config) or may be spurious reports for very old kernels (3.14) Another set of issues have status "ready" which means that we have solved them for a long time, but the issue has not yet been closed because our solution is not yet submitted or accepted upstream in kernel.org.  And 8 issues are related to the Pyra device.

Finalising upstreaming is probably something that can not be done on a workshop. So there remain only ~10 issues to really work on.

I would suggest that we start with a review of the issues the beginning of the workshop and then decide which ones we can (and like) to address.

I, for example, would like to work on the camera driver which did work long time ago but kernel APIs have changed significantly so that it currently does not work at all. Another topic could be to make the Si4721 McBSP working again (probably just doing correct setup of the McBSP interface). Etc. Someone else could test and optimize Bluetooth.

That is how I would address it.