[Community] OpenPhoenux Letux/GTA04 Kernel- and Userspace-Hacking weekend

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Apr 21 16:33:15 CEST 2016

Hi all,
finally, we have now defined the location and weekend dates:

4 & 5 June 2016 in Munich

Details about the location are updated here:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/openphoenux/page/HackingWeekend2016/

There will also be a pre-meeting "Stammtisch" open to everybody on 3rd June. So please
make your travel arrangements. If you need support, please contact me.

For best preparation, I think we should have these things ready when the workshop starts:
* everyone has a notebook with required compilers, source codes, tools etc.
* and (at least one) device to test on with cable/SD card flashing tools

The idea is that we are maximally productive and not wasting (too much) time to setup hardware.
WLAN is available at the site as well as a beamer for short presentations or code reviews in a group.

Especially for the QtMoko task it would be good if someone could set up a build environment
that works. In my experiments it did take several days (independently of trying virtual machines
or OMAP5 hardware) but finally failed (too big or missing dependencies).

It would also be nice if we could collect material (slide show?) in advance about the architecture
of QtMoko and how the build system should work, so that we can share this knowledge in the
workshop warmup.

And there is a question I want to rise in advance: and wihc should have been answered when
we begin to work.

What is easier:
a) porting existing complete QtMoko/QPE source and build system to build and run on Debian Jessie
b) or rewriting/porting just the most important QtMoko applications to Qt5 (which is
    easily available in Debian Jessie and works within minutes on a GTA04 - I have tested)?

Opinions?