[Community] Will Neo900 ship before the end of this year?

Ryan de Laplante (Personal) ryan at ryandelaplante.ca
Wed Nov 18 17:50:30 CET 2015

On 2015-11-18 11:27 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>> * there are Painpal problems not yet sorted out
>>
>> Has PayPal explained exactly why they will not release the money and what needs to be done to remedy the problem?  If not, consider issuing refunds just to people who's money has not been spent yet. They can send payment another way such as a checque in the mail.
>
> The last status I know about this topic is this:
>
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95482&page=11

Thanks for the link.  I suspect the real issue is that Western
government(s) put pressure on PayPal to do this and are trying to delay
or halt development of the Neo900.  A phone that treats the modem chip
as hostile (separate chip, hardware watchdog, 100% Free Software OS and
apps) is not something they can easily abuse and they probably don't
want it on the market.  I wouldn't be surprised if the buyers/donors are
on a watch list right now.

>> Maybe what you are saying is that changes to the schematic have been made since the last prototype was produced,
>
> Yes. See µBlog from 2015-09-09 at <http://neo900.org/#main>.

> But it is still not complete and does not cover 100% of the features.

Hopefully the PayPal issue will get worked out ASAP and the design work
can be completed in Q1 2016.

Thanks,
Ryan