[Community] Will Neo900 ship before the end of this year?

Ryan de Laplante (Personal) ryan at ryandelaplante.ca
Wed Nov 18 16:26:20 CET 2015

On 2015-11-18 02:18 AM, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Am 18.11.2015 um 07:07 schrieb Ryan de Laplante (Personal) <ryan at ryandelaplante.ca>:
>
>> Any news and estimated ship date would be appreciated.
>
> Before I start to write something, here a disclaimer: I am not project leader or spokesperson
> of the Neo900 project.
>
> I know from public statements:

> * there are Painpal problems not yet sorted out

Has PayPal explained exactly why they will not release the money and
what needs to be done to remedy the problem?  If not, consider issuing
refunds just to people who's money has not been spent yet. They can send
payment another way such as a checque in the mail.

> * the last EAGLE schematics I have provided are from september 2015 awaiting review feedback

Who reviews and provides feedback?  I imagine only a very small number
of people interested in the neo900 have the skills to do that.

> * I have not yet worked on PCB layout (maybe someone else does - but I don't know)

I thought there were already prototypes:

http://neo900.org/news/neo900-progress-update-march

Maybe what you are saying is that changes to the schematic have been
made since the last prototype was produced, and these changes need to be
applied to the PCB design and a new prototype needs to be fabricated.

Thanks,
Ryan