[Community] [Announce] Goldelico Replicant Testing Snapshot (2015.08)

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Mon Aug 31 17:45:34 CEST 2015

Hello everybody!

Here comes another testing release of the Goldelico Android/Replicant
4.2 distribution. This new image is mostly a bugfix release for the
2015.06 image, where the GTA04 A4 hardware routing for voice calls was
introduced but had some problems with the microphone (on GTA04 side).

Today's image addresses this problem by introducing a new
libaudio-ril-interface.so library, which does the PCM handling of the
microphone on GTA04 A4. It also handles the software voice routing, if
hwrouting is not available (i.e. on GTA04 A3). This swrouting
functionally has previously lived in libhayes-ril.so and has been
refactored into libaudio-ril-interface.so, which seems to be the proper
place for it to be.

On the feature side, this image includes working DTMF (i.e. for
controlling you voice mail), which needed some quirks on the GTA04, due
to a broken AT+VTS command in our Option modem module.

The testing snapshot contains some known bugs: SMS messages are not
always immediately received and connecting to the cellular network was
reported to be broken my a few users. These problems need further
investigation, if you observe those or other problems on your device
please report them to this mailinglist or the issue tracker and try to
isolate the problem, so we can fix them ASAP!

If you appreciate what you see here, I'd like to kindly ask you to
consider making a donation to the GTA04 project. The GTA04 project is
run by Goldelico, who is sponsoring my work on this project. Your
donations will help to keep our efforts going and support projects such
as Android porting, Kernel upstreaming, project representation at
conferences and more. Donations can be made here:

  https://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%3ADonation

=== Download ===
http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-replicant/4.2/20150831+hwrouting+microphonefix+dtmf-replicant.tbz

=== Installation ===
The installation of this single-partition system is very easy and plays
nicely with other installed OSes (multi-boot):
* mount an empty (ext2/3/4 formatted) SD card partition to /media/roofs
* download 20150831+hwrouting+microphonefix+dtmf-replicant.tbz
* As root/sudo execute the following commands:
  # tar 20150831+hwrouting+microphonefix+dtmf-replicant.tbz -C
/media/rootfs/
  # sync
* unmount the SD card and boot your GTA04 with it

Alternatively, you can make use of the 'makesd' script [1] to prepare a
SD card for you:
* DEV=/dev/sdX ./makesd -v latest replicant

=== Documentation ===
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/

=== Changelog & Issues ===
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/issues/
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-replicant-device.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/replicant-4.2
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/3.12-replicant4

=== Get involved ===
We're a small team, always looking for your support, be it code,
testing, documentation or donations [2]. If you'd like to get involved,
please have a look at the documentation page.

-- Munich, 2015-08-31

Best regards,
  Lukas Märdian

[1] http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-makesd/