[Community] Tracking vector data base?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Sep 30 10:23:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 29.09.2014 um 22:08 schrieb wonderphone at posteo.de:

> Hi all,
>
> There is so much talk about de-anonymisation in the news and user tracking is often a subject in discussion, but:
>
> Do you know of a database or a documentation project for all possible vectors to get ones privacy eroded? All I have found so far is not very comprehensive.
>
> This would be also a good thing to check software and hardware against.

Well, I don't know if such a database exists. But I remember having read about some methods:
* setting a cookie is the simplest one
* tracking credit card numbers
* retrieving the list of fonts installed in the browser
* injecting some firmware into an USB device so that it is mounted as another keyboard
* tapping the data going over the networks
* tracking IMSIs, IP addresses, MAC addresses etc.

Generally some are hardware related, some are software related, some are within the device and some are outside the device (and completely invisible to the user).

Hope this helps to start a discussion (we need much more!!!),