[Community] Modem + GPS

wonderphone at posteo.de wonderphone at posteo.de
Sun Sep 14 22:31:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

It is good to hear about all the progress after my long absence. I hope
you are all doing fine.

I have made up my mind about the connection between the modem and GPS
and I think it should be separate.

1. I would like to use GPS in a plane when I need to switch the modem
off. Ok, that is a gimmick but the second reason is more important:

2.  I would like to be able to use a phone over Wifi only and would
like to switch the modem on only when I need to make a very urgent phone
call. You probably knew it already but the protocol SS7 can be used to
track mobile phones not only by (your own) governments without any
counter-measure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_System_No._7#Surveillance

Technical question: Is it possible to change the Wifi Mac address of
the GTA04 via software?

Best regards
Oliver