[Community] 3D printed Letux3704 development case

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Mon Sep 8 21:49:18 CEST 2014

Hi all!

I just wanted to share a small side-project I was working on until
today: I've designed a 3D printable back-cover for the Letux3704 PDA,
which can be used for development purposes.

This means I've designed two holes into the case, so the developer (me)
can easily access the L3704's battery connector (for reset) and SIM/uSD
card slot. The case part is designed to be printable on any FDM 3D
printer and I got mine printed on an Ultimaker V2 at my university, with
a layer height of 0.1mm. The print quality of those modern RepRaps is
pretty impressive! See the attached pictures.

This first version of the back-cover wasn't a 100% fit, but with some
little, manual tweaks I was able to assemble the device and it works
perfectly well for my purpose!

If somebody wants to make any use of this, you can find the design files
(OpenSCAD) and a STL here:
  http://slyon.de/CAD/Letux_3704/

Best regards,
  Lukas