[Community] When will the Neo900 be ready for orders?

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak dos at dosowisko.net
Sun Nov 23 13:49:24 CET 2014

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Ryan de Laplante (personal)
<ryan at ryandelaplante.ca> wrote:
> I understand that you don't know exactly when, but maybe you can guess
> roughly which quarter of 2015 it will be ready for order and delivery. Q1?
> Q2?

It's just a rough guess, but I'd say Q2.

> Also, the ReplicantOS project purposely does not provide proprietary wifi
> and modem drivers.  Maybe the Neo900 project can provide instructions for
> those of us who want to use ReplicantOS with network capability.

There's no need for proprietary drivers on Neo900 for either WiFi or
modem. The only thing you need is a firmware blob for WiFi chipset
(which is *not* executed on CPU), so the only thing you need to use it
with Replicant is to put it into proper directory so the kernel can
find it and upload to the chipset.

Also, Goldelico Replicant images for GTA04 already include the WiFi
firmware and in future should work with Neo900 as well.

Cheers,
--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak, dos
http://dosowisko.net/