[Community] ... (Organisation)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jun 20 11:16:59 CEST 2014

Am 19.06.2014 um 22:12 schrieb wonderphone at posteo.de:

> Hi all,
>
> A question to the people on the list:
>
> Do you use or like Facebook?

No.

> Are your interested in an alternative?

The question is what Facebook or similar tools are really good for...

I am "old school" and talk to people directly (through mail) and even sometimes face-to-face, if I think they should know something. For this purpose, the old fashioned communication tools like e-mail, forums, web pages, wikis, blogs are good enough and keep me in (better)control over what I tell whom…

And, I don't feel that I am the center of the world, that I need thousands of "friends" I don't even know…

So if some friend isn't talking to me any more and just referring to his/her Facebook or Twitter entries and asks me to follow, I don't regard that person as being important for my life any more if they are not willing to communicate with me directly... Fortunately that does not happen often with my friends.

Only that I started to install it: http://friendica.openphoenux.org but failed to find time to complete the configuration. Obviously it isn't important at all :)

> Or do you think it is not so important?

In summary it is a discussion of how to connect members of this community who share some interests and values and knowledge.

Well, the community currently only has this e-mail list, some web pages (wiki) and a "Stammtisch" in Munich. And projects. Basically this could be enough - if used intensively. But a Forum interface would be nice IMHO (and was discussed before - at least in the form of a Forum-like interface to this mailing list).

> Am 11.06.2014 12:30 schrieb Josua Mayer:
>> What I dont know though, is how much friendica would be used by the
>> people currently watching this mailinglist, if people would use it on a
>> daily basis to also do their regular facebook connections(which I think
>> is possible), or if it is just a silent, slightly dusty platform number
>> 3 or 4(after mail, twitter, facebook, whoknowswhat).

Yes, that is likeley to happen.

Just my 2ct,