[Community] ... (Organisation)

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:30:01 CEST 2014

Hello everybody,

Am 03.06.2014 20:56, schrieb wonderphone at posteo.de:
> Hi,

>>> Yes, that is important to consider.
>>

> What you write makes all perfect sense.
>
> Let's take our time and implement mailman3 when it is sufficiently mature.
>
> I find Friendica more useful as an offer and an ecosystem for the users
> of the devices rather than a platform where the community can organize
> itself.
I have to agree here! I think friendica can and should only be
considered a free service for people who consider control over their
personal data, and an opensource platform for social interaction important.
So for a possible openphoenux instance, that would be a free service for
people who identify or sympathise with the goals of the openphoenux
community.
The goal of the openphoenux friendica site should be to provide the
users with a means for typical social-media chattery.

> Instead of make huge efforts to implement it ourselves we can
> try to liaise with existing Friendica groups that adhere to the
> OpenPhoenux spirit and would be happy to get more users on their server.

Maybe that is right.

What I dont know though, is how much friendica would be used by the
people currently watching this mailinglist, if people would use it on a
daily basis to also do their regular facebook connections(which I think
is possible), or if it is just a silent, slightly dusty platform number
3 or 4(after mail, twitter, facebook, whoknowswhat).