[Community] ... (Organisation)

wonderphone at posteo.de wonderphone at posteo.de
Mon Jun 9 18:00:07 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 09.06.2014 01:13 schrieb Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος:
> Hi.
>
> I think community should give more efforts to a more
> light+customizable device
> (gps,wifi etc) so the cost could drop down and give little oxygen to
> the
> software side.

I understand that Nikolaus and the hardware guys are already doing
their best to bring down the hardware prices. But how much purchasing
power does the Goldelico have with the number of devices ordered? If you
have a good idea how to bring prices down please post it to the list.

> Also there should be a bar widget in a donation in order to divert
> money flow
> to aspects the community wants( software included :-) )
>
> That scheme i saw it first in humbleinde , no even canonical has it
> when u
> download ubuntu.

Can you post a link?

> Lastly i think another focus should be to produce guides, videos, docs
> inspiring new linux-frienldy, open-hardware-wise , DIY-minded of the
> cool
> things they can do with an open smartphone + linux.   What you can do
> that
> u couldnt do it with your jailed smartphone. Being more open in
> hardware term
> what freedom do you get if your like openhardware tinkering ?
> (and that support work should also be part of the fundraise choice).

These are definitely very useful things. While the current paid
developer program is not big and used only for the most urgently needed
software the community relies heavily on volunteers. If you would like
to contribute guides and tutorials you can post your ideas to the list
and discuss them.

> So in that context i see education-hobbie-geek minded as possible
> communitu
> members but they have to get the message. What can they do more?

Brgrds
Oliver