[Community] Oliver

David Heath dheath.pr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:19:06 CEST 2014

Your ideas could work but I think you are focused too much on our front
end. Rather than redesign the website, I believe pushing forward with the
Neo900 itself, and further iterations, is more important for the community.
If lack of funding is preventing phone development, perhaps advertising or
crowd sourcing are necessary but that does not seem to be the case. A good
product will speak for itself and expand our community even if we are not
yet prepared to ship it. Many of the concepts already on our website would
set us apart from all competition and naturally draw attention and
interest. Progress is the single most important factor that will bring us
together and generate money naturally. When we do start shipping, we will
begin spreading more quickly from word of mouth and we will be able to
field test our designs.

Linking a forum to our mailing list is a very good idea but what about a
new timeline on our website to show visitors what we are working on and
when to expect new features? What about an interactive map to show visitors
where they could(not) use the phone globally? This is good marketing but I
do not believe it is worth distracting the phone developers since their job
is more important in the long term. As a side note, Sebastian's website is
beautiful and any further development should definitely be run through him.