[Community] GTA04 - Power management improvements

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak dos at dosowisko.net
Wed Jan 29 12:24:49 CET 2014

On 1/29/14, Hermann Schwärzler <hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 01/29/2014 09:34 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> Am 29.01.2014 um 09:07 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:
> [...]
>>> So I propose to call it when a device-shutdown is requested. E.g.
>>> in QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown()? But this is for sure
>>> device-dependent so there might be a better place...
>>
>> The optimal solution would be to have it in some "shutdown" script
>> that is installed within Debian. I.e. something that is executed if
>> "poweroff" is done on the command line or called from
>> QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown()
>
> In QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown
>
> execlp("shutdown", "shutdown", "-h", "now", (void*)0);
>
> is called. So if a script named "shutdown" is put into /opt/qtmoko/bin/
> it should be possible to get the desired effect as /opt/qtmoko/bin/ is
> at the very beginning of the PATH.
>
> I will check (again over night).

QtMoko is Debian based, isn't it? The "correct way" of dealing with
"do something at shutdown" problem would be to write an init script,
put it in /etc/init.d/ and symlink to appropiate runlevels
(/etc/rc0.d/ for shutdown and /etc/rc6.d/ for reboot). This is the
standard way to stop services during shutdown and stopping modem IMO
fits pretty well into that process - and it doesn't feel like a hack
like previous propositions here.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos