[Community] RDS-TMC traffic data

Ryan de Laplante (personal) ryan at ryandelaplante.com
Tue Jan 28 00:07:20 CET 2014

Does anyone have experience with navigation systems/software that can use
traffic data received over FM radio?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_message_channel

It would be interesting to be able to use an offline maps program such as OsmAnd
on Neo900/ReplicantOS to get a full featured offline navigation system including
live traffic data from a receive-only antenna.

I've read that the data can be encrypted and require a subscription with an
external receiver/decoder in some countries.  I haven't spent any time looking
into it yet, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of such a device that can be
attached to Android based devices and be used with Free software?

Ryan