[Community] New Slogan

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jan 10 15:01:19 CET 2014

Am 10.01.2014 um 11:25 schrieb Kero:

>> If it isn't already used by someone, how about "speak freely"? It
>> doesn't cover everything the project is about, but it's a slogan; it
>> doesn't really need to.

Well, it should IMHO give new people an immediate impression what it is
about. So it should try not to leave out important aspects.

> I knew of a speech synthesis project, but that has apparently been shut down in 2004.
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/speakfree/unix/sfunix.html
>
> duckduckgo gives me that, and the following:
>
> A (failed) crowdfunding related to the Serval project
> http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/speak-freely
>
> A phone-based business (status unclear, pages rather low on info):
> http://speak-freely.net/
>
> And in totally different business areas:
> http://speakfreelyslp.com/ (speech therapy)
> http://speakfreelypublications.com/products/ (speech skills for kids that stutter)
>
> Of course, a slogan is not the same as the name of a project/product.

Yes. And we don't have to care about somebody else using it already (at least
for now). Just creating new ideas.

"Speak freely" focusses on the idea that people can really speak freely
(with each other and without fear being controlled by someone sitting
behind the scenes). I.e. anti-1984 :)

So the conception I have is like "fearless speaking", "carefree speaking",
"unconcerned speaking" (well, my English proficiency level is not that
good that I can choose what the best direction is).

-- hns