[Community] Candidates for WLAN/BT modules for Neo900

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jan 6 10:53:59 CET 2014

Hi all,
choosing a WLAN/BT module isn't simple since there are so many requirements.

* Users want to see the latest WLAN standards (at least a/b/g/n) in a single chip and Bluetooth 4 support.
* Linux users want to have a working driver that allows for access point mode, packet injection and other fancy things.
* Production must be able to purchase chips/modules in low quantity.
* Price must be low for low quantities.
* PCB design has almost no space to spend.
* Circuit design must be able to interface the chip/module to the CPU.
* We all would like to have an completely open data sheet.

So we need some help to identify candidates.

To make things well documented, I have created an "Issue" in the Neo900 issue tracker:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo900/issues/546/#ic1609

Please add new entries for WLAN/BT modules and chips you can recommend. Please provide as much information as possible.
Especially about price and availability. This is important because the best announcement for a new chip is useless, if we can't
finally buy chips or modules for the project.