[Community] dual-sim modems?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Feb 26 15:54:27 CET 2014

Am 26.02.2014 um 15:32 schrieb Ryan de Laplante (personal):

> I've always thought dual-sim would be useful to combine work and
> personal phones into one.

Yes, I agree.

What potential developers of such dual-sim devices have to consider:
a) there must be room to store a second SIM tray (this influences the case design)
b) the modem must be capable to autonomously control and switch between two SIMs to read their IMEI etc. *and* register on two different networks.

In the Neo900 and GTA04 designs we have no space for a) and the modems used don't have b) in their firmware [as far as we know - and before someone suggests to ask the suppliers: we have already done but did not get an answer on this topic].