[Community] Supply chain information

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 14 11:10:55 CET 2014

Am 14.02.2014 um 02:58 schrieb Sebastian Beschke:

> Hi folks,
>
> Am 03.02.2014 18:26, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>> Anyways, if we find volunteers who want to manage/update/maintain such
>> a supply chain tree I can try to provide some background information.
>> BR, Nikolaus
> I would volunteer, but I don’t really have any technical knowledge about
> OpenPhoenux. Are there any detailed parts list, or would I have to
> extract the components from the schematics?

here is a BOM list of the GTA04A4 board: [1]

For the A5 board there isn't one since it is not yet in production and
some things will definitively change.

> Where would you suggest to
> start?
>
> I mainly wanted to announce that we (at FIfF [1]) have just started to
> develop a tool for NagerIT [2] whose aim is to display and edit their
> supply chain in an easily accessible way. Nothing to see yet, but it
> will be a JavaScript tool replacing this PDF:
> https://www.nager-it.de/static/pdf/en_lieferkette.pdf

Oh this would really be cool. Since it would define a standard for documenting
(I guess some XML or JSON) and presenting.

> If you think that’s a good idea, I would try to keep OpenPhoenux in mind
> during development, so the tool could be easily adapted for use here.
> What do you think?

Yes, that would be a good thing.

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/downloads/56/