[Community] New about openphonux production

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 22:59:53 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Parchet Michaël <mparchet at sunrise.ch> wrote:
> At this moment I work on dolibarr so I need MySQL Apache pho or FileZilla for a eventual server and ownclowd or dropbox for a file cloud storage.

> I think openphonux can run all this programs. If it's true i.'m very interested for but an openphonux

Apache and MySQL should run without problems. Just be aware that the
total memory available is 512MB and therefore you might run into
problems if you try to host a high traffic site on your phone. I don't
know how much memory is needed to run a OwnCloud instance nor do I
know if there is a dropbox client for the ARM architecture. You should
probably figure this out first.
Try to find out if your setup would work on a BeagleBoard or the
Raspberry Pi. If it does, it will probably also run on the gta04
platform, the Neo900 and other Letux devices.

> What's news about openphonux production ?
> When i Will can I by an openphonux ?
> For the openphonux finances why not a system similar to neo900 website ?

Right now all available resources are needed to get the Neo900 up and
running. There will be an announcement on this mailing list when the
next revision of Letux devices is ready for production, but please
don't expect this to happen within the next few weeks. All details
about financing the production will also be announced here (as it
happened before).

Best regards,
  Christoph