[Community] Removing the cellular modem

Ryan de Laplante (personal) ryan at ryandelaplante.com
Mon Nov 18 20:00:22 CET 2013

I use a VoIP based telephone provider that works as long as I have wifi
Internet access and have a SIP app installed on my phone.

After reading about how riddled with bugs the firmware in cellular
modems are, I want to either cut the pins and remove the chip from my
Neo900 myself, or be able to order a wifi-only model:

http://www.osnews.com/story/27416/The_second_operating_system_hiding_in_every_mobile_phone

If I cut the pins and/or remove the chip, will the rest of the computer
still work?

Please consider making a wifi-only option when buying a Neo900. This
will be the equivalent of people buying in iPod Touch instead of an iPhone.

Thanks,
Ryan