[Community] Package debian ubuntu and openphonux

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Nov 10 22:04:37 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 10.11.2013 um 21:55 schrieb Parchet Michaël:

> Hello,
>

>> Le 10 nov. 2013 à 21:34, "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> a écrit :
>>

>>> Am 10.11.2013 um 21:31 schrieb Parchet Michaël:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> All debian package os is it compatible with an os for openphonux ?
>>
>> The default system *is* a Debian (Wheezy, armhf). I.e. it is not only compatible, it is the right thing.
>>
>> So you can apt-get any package that is presented by the debian repositories
>
> Have you try to rut a package compiled for ubuntu desktop with any window on openphonux or tablet ?

Yes. People develop QtMoko using Ubuntu desktops.

> What's the brand of openphonux processor ?

Hm. There is no general answer.

You can look up the different devices (GTA04). The GTA04 uses a TI OMAP processor (see www.gta04.org for details), while the Openmoko GTA02 did use a Samsung. Future models may use something else. But you can take for granted that they all use ARM compatible processors.