[Community] Fwd: Openphonux and LTE

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Nov 10 18:02:49 CET 2013

Am 08.11.2013 um 22:24 schrieb Parchet Michaël:

>> Hello,
>

> Could you answer me please ?
>
> Thanks by advance
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> About software and openphonux screen size. Is it possible to make a screen and a virtual keyboard like iPhone ?

Yes, there are multiple screen based keyboards in SHR and QtMoko.

>> About openphonux. It's probably that will become interested at when tizen, Ubuntu touch, android and other open source mobile OS.
>>
>> So with openphonux, you can have a multi boot smartphone like a PC. It's a dream for the geeks like me isn't it ? On day Ubuntu touch  on day Debian on day tizen on day Firefox OS.

Yes, that can be done by the GTA04. Just make different SD cards, one with Debian, one with QtMoko, one with SHR and the device will boot from the SD card you have inserted.
It is also possible to have multiple partitions on one SD card. Then there is a boot manager to choose.

All this works since ca. 1,5 years.