[Community] New Linux Devices magazine online

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri May 17 13:35:39 CEST 2013

On Friday, May 17, 2013 11:32:45 AM Bob Ham wrote:

> On 2013-05-16 07:42, Radek Polak wrote:
> > 1/ Now that my GTA04 is not usable as phone (the problem with high
> > power)
>
> Can I ask what problem this is?  I wasn't aware of any power problems
> preventing use of the phone.

Sure. First some background. For nearly one year i was quite happily using
shapeways printed case. Like month ago suddenly i found the phone discharged
and couldnt charge it (the trickle charging didnt work). After inserting
charged battery from GTA02 it booted but did not register to network. So i
opened the case and found out that the metal antenna strip is broken.
Fortunately i have spare one, so i replaced it. But the problems didnt go
away. And while replacing antenna i also broke off the external GPS connector.
Later i have found out that i can register to GSM network at places with
strong gsm signal (at work). Another symptom is that the phone eats a lot of
current (~100mA in suspend ~500mA when on).

So i wonder what all is wrong. I seems that GSM antenna is not working, but
that does not explain why the phone wont trickle charge and eats so much
current - because GSM should be by default off.

Now i can use the phone just for development...

Regards

Radek