[Community] Next generation OpenPhoenux devices

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Mar 13 17:45:52 CET 2013

> Hi all,
> as things (hardware/software/case) of the current GTA04 generation stabilize,
> I think it is time to start exchanging thoughts about the next generation
> of OpenPhoenux devices.
>
> So to give this a start, please can you interview your friends what devices
> they have, they use and why? And what they don't like with them?
>
> Well, it will be obvious that they like chic design, big display, plethora
> of applications & games, quadcore, graphics, the low price etc.
>
> But since we won't be able to copy all this (e.g. a Nexus 4 feature set and
> price point), I am looking for the unexpected. For something what your friends
> are missing in all offers and something we can do, but the "big ones" can't or
> don't want to do.
>
> Maybe this gives us some directions for planning a next generation OpenPhoenux.

Thanks to all who did respond and contribute!

I will not comment any of the responses because it is not about making decisions
(and explaining the reasons and arguments) or exchanging knowledge and know-how.

Rather we will start to dream a common dream...

Dream about where the Phoenux is flying to, after it finally did take off. Let's think about
where it could be in 5 years or in 10 years.

If you have any dreams where our open source hardware should go to, please share.