[Community] PRISM

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Jun 13 01:52:14 CEST 2013

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:

> Am 11.06.2013 um 12:50 schrieb neil at ossau.homelinux.net:
>
>> Create a page on the GTA04 wiki that will start to cover and analyse
>> aspects of security and surveillance, and point out any advantages
>> that the GTA04 has with respect to those, compared with mainstream
>> phones.
>
> like this?
>
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/page/FactsAndReasons/

No.  More careful and detailed argument is needed than that.

The presentation of some of those existing points seems unclear to me.
What does "fully supported" mean in "Runs QtMoko, SHR, Debian - fully
supported"?

> Maybe we should also point out why we prefer to use "legacy"
> technology like plain old mailman mailing lists instead of social
> networks (facebook, twitter, google groups, etc.) and our presentation
> isn't as polished just to trap people...

Yes, but IMO there are far stronger reasons than that.  Can you imagine
reviewing and applying a patch from a Facebook message?

Regards,
        Neil