[Community] Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Dec 23 14:15:05 CET 2013

Dear community,
an interesting year is almost laying behind us and a new and even more interesting one before us.

If we look back which important events happened 2013 it is something we can be proud of:
* Feb: FOSDEM 2013 (a stand)
* May: LinuxTag 2013 (a shared booth)
* Sep: QtMoko v57
* Oct: start of the Neo900 project; Linux 3.12 kernel for GTA04
* Nov: (re)start of GTA04A5
* Dec: OpenPhoenux Hard- and Software Event 2013; Replicant 4.0

So let me say my personal thank you to all those who contributed!

For 2014 I hope we will have at least the same fun and passion and I am really curious
to see what the community will come up with new ideas!

Finally a word about how I see my role in this community. I have started it (after several
friends urged me to do so). So I see myself as a promoter to give the community a hand
to run.

After many discussions, I think we share some common goals like:
* we want to keep control over our data
* we want to learn about technology and use it responsibly
* we don't like walled gardens
* we want to make the hard- and software transparent and not the user
* we want to be fair to each other
* we want to be independent from big organizations telling us what is good for us

But it is your community and the community will achieve what we all contribute.
So it is also up to you to shape the community.

Now, let's relax a little during the Xmas holidays and have all a good start into 2014.

Nikolaus Schaller