[Community] Openphonux tablet

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Dec 21 22:18:24 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 21.12.2013 um 16:56 schrieb Parchet Michaël:

> Hello,
>

> I'm interested for your tablet
>
> Wat's the reason why this project no move ?
> Gta04 ?
> LTE ?
> Have you do a "kikstarter" financement for the table ?

There would also be an GTA04A5 board inside (with the two
board-to-board connectors installed). And you can see that the
GTA04A5 campaign is moving, but not very fast.

Generally, building the Letux 7004 is quite expensive. Buying the
display module alone in so low quantities costs us more than some
cheap China tablet with Android. That one will not be free and open
of course, but everyone will still compare prices a little.

Therefore we do not believe that a crowdfunding campaign for the
Letux 7004 (as it has been prototyped) currently has a good enough
chance to be successful.

So it would not be fair to ask people to do a preorder now and then
refund the money in e.g. 6 months. It is only good for those intermediaries
who do money transfers.

For the GTA04A5 upgrade for Openmoko Freerunners it looks better.
We already have got 19 units in 4 weeks.