[Community] Auto rotate for read at portrait and lanscape

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 18 11:07:51 CET 2013

On 2013-12-18 09:41, Parchet Michaël wrote:

>> Le 17 déc. 2013 à 23:22, "Neal H. Walfield" <neal at walfield.org> a
>> écrit :
>>
>> At Tue, 17 Dec 2013 21:51:51 +0100,
>> Parchet Michaël wrote:
>>> With neo900 and openphonux smartphone, could I read and write some
>>> documents with auto rotation when I rotate the tablet or smartphone
>>> ?
>>
>> If you are planning on composing documents, you are probably better
>> off investing in a laptop.
>
> Yes,but when I read a document or a documentation I use my phone
> because the scream is small and I zoom with my digits and I follow the
> line with it.
>
> If the screen is too large, I lows the line.
>
> So could you say me if there is auto rotate the screan ?

It depends on the OS software that you choose to run.

QtMoko (which uses the Linux framebuffer directly and not X) has
autorotation.  X-based systems do not, because rotation isn't fully or
properly implemented in the Xorg drivers for OMAP (or at least, wasn't,
last time I checked; I hope someone will correct if the situation has
changed).  Replicant/Android/Mer/Ubuntu/Firefox I don't know.

Regards,
       Neil