[Community] Geeksphone - Opinions?

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 13:41:28 CEST 2013

On 24-4-2013 9:33, Radek Polak wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 09:02:53 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > What are your opinions?
>
> I quite dont get what is the difference between this geeksphone and
> e.g. samsung phones. From wikipedia:
>
> "GeeksPhone does not publish hardware specifications for its devices
> beyond a data sheet"
>
> I tried googling for "geeksphone documentation" and "gta04
> documentation" - the first gave 0 results and the second is page
> loaded with information.
>
> So i have no idea why geeksphone can be interesting for me.

I wondered the same as Nikolaus, but wanted to find out something about
the hardware before sending a question to the list. I came up empty
handed, but for the same conclusion as Radeks.

My earlier impressions of Geeksphone were similar to Openmoko, but to me
it seems they have strayed from the path with their latest offering.

I am interested in their business plan. They can not expect to compete
with Samsung, LG or that bunch. Their aggressive pricing needs some
strong backing.

Best regards,

Boudewijn