[Community] OpenPhoenux News

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:56:51 CEST 2012

Hi Sven,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de> wrote:
>> Future GTA05?
>> ============
> g) Add a DVB-T receiver.   ;-)))

Unfortunately such chips are not available through DigiKey, Mouser,
Farnell or other big distributors. Do you, or anyone else on this
list, know a manufacturer or distributor which actually sells such
chips in small quantities? I've tried to contact a few manufacturers
and got either no response at all or I was being ignored as soon as
they knew our estimated annual quantities.

If I had such a chip (and documentation, which is usually only
available under NDA), I would try to develop an add-on board for the
GTA04x. This work would also make it more likely to include the final
solution (if it works out nice) into a GTA05 design, just like the
Freerunner Navigation Board was integrated into the GTA04.

Best regards,
  Christoph