[Community] [Gta04-owner] OpenPhoenux Prototype of GTA04 based7 inch tablet

Xavi Drudis Ferran xdrudis at tinet.cat
Wed Nov 7 14:02:16 CET 2012

> So does anyone know a really low power backlight display
> module with these key features:

2 W is low power ?
should be readable without it, at 0.5 W but I don't know if you
can control how it boots.

> * 7 inch

yes

> * WVGA (or better)

1024x600

> * integrated touch (resistive or capacitive)

not integrated, I think. :( but maybe asking...

> * can be bought @ some distributor (i.e. not by disassembling
> a Nexus 10 :)

There's one in Bavaria, apparently.

Congratulations ,can't watch video now.

PixelQi has 7" panels (but only 10" kits for hobbyst, apparently)
I presume it must be expensive, but maybe since low number of units means
expensive already, it would be a way to justify the high price, I don't know.

http://www.display-solution.com/en/products/tft_displays/pixelQI.html
http://pixelqi.com/distributors

Also in the faq they say they're not open hardware but kind of would like
to bé ? I didn't understand.

Anyway, I can't afford any other GTA gadget, so my opinion does not count, I guess.